Oh, happy day! You finally got your video produced! You sent it to your mom and best friend and they love it…… but NOW WHAT? What is your video marketing strategy? Not sure? Don’t worry, you are not alone. Luckily, there are a few things you can do that will help your video get shared and seen by the right people.
1. Get your video in the right place ASAP. Just including video on the landing page of your website can increase conversions by 80%.
This means as soon as someone visits your website, they can engage with a video featuring a product example, demonstration or just a “hello” from people on the team. Here are great examples of video being used on landing pages.
2. Entice people to click on it and watch it. Research shows the best way to ensure people play your video is by using an image of smiling person making direct eye-contact. Make sure the thumbnail freeze of your video is someone smiling. People relate to other people and seeing another person with a nice smile is inviting and something you just want to see more of, right?
3. Make it easy to share! You have the great video made, so you want to make sure people can easily share it with friends. Make sure to add share buttons to your video player, either on the video itself or on the link where the video is attached. This will direct people right back to your website where the video can be viewed.
4. Connect in Online Communities. You may already be plugged in with popular online communities related to your industry or you may be part of a LinkedIn or Facebook group. You can engage with people in the groups by sharing your video content when the time is right. For example, if someone asks a question about a topic and you have a video related to that topic…. post your video! This will help build your community in an organic way.
5. Always use video in your emails. Anytime you create a video, think about how you are going to use it in your emails. Just adding the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and click-through rates by 65% according to Animoto. Incorporating videos into your email campaigns will lead to better attribution.
6. Tag away! There are plenty of things you can do to ensure your videos pop up in search engines. First, you should always host the video on your own domain and make sure to properly describe what your video includes. “Tagging” your video with relevant keywords will help fully explain what it’s about and will make it easier for Google to rank it in search results. When thinking of words to “tag” in the video, just think about what people might search to find something related to the topic.
7. Use video at your next industry event. We’ve all been to a work conference and listened to someone talk at a podium for hours on end. It can get BORING. Playing video will help keep audiences engaged and awake. Video will also give you a break if you are presenting and will give the audience something else to look at. Events are a great opportunity to promote your video content the right audience.
8. Consider paying for video promotion on social. All of our other suggestions for marketing your video are free. This one may be worth a small about of your budget. Social media ads are reasonably priced and really helpful to promote your video on platforms like Facebook and Twitter. You can set up the audience and campaign settings to help run a very successful promotional campaign and drive the right people to your content.
These are just a few video marketing strategies you can take to make sure your video is seen by the world! Don’t waste your money and effort by not using your video in the right way. We also understand that life is busy and video can be just another thing to add to your to-do list. VideoEnvy can help with your video marketing strategy and get it done for you.
VideoEnvy @2023 | Telling Your Stories In Video. A Houston Video Production Company.